[COAS-List] SLC pre-meeting snowboard lesson

For Salt Lake City attendees who'd like a good laugh:

I'm thinking of taking an introductory snowboarding class on Sunday, 13
Dec.  you're welcome to join me for the lesson, or just choose to watch
this live version of Funniest Home Videos...

Cost is around $60, including equipment rental and lift pass. Group lessons
(1-6 people) start around 9:30am with no reservations necessary.  Thanks to
Tom's referrals, I have information about lessons at Brighton and The
Canyons, and will wait till Saturday to determine conditions,
transportation and so forth.

If I can't sit down for long at the meeting, you'll know why :-0

larry

At 11:21 AM 11/25/98 -0700, Tom Culpepper wrote:
>For skiers:
>
>Sunday is a good day to ski (most folks are in church - unless there is a
big snow storm on Saturday causing all sorts of Sunday illness)

>All the major resorts and many hotels have equipment. The hotel next to 3M
doesn't have equipment. Most hotels can direct you to rentals and
transportation (be a bit cautious about the smaller chain hotels) Hotels
located at the resort are usually booked last year or more so it would be
hard to find a room - also would be a bit pricey)

>Can't predict the whether, check the following web site for current
conditions. Remember the lower the depth the more rocks and such you seem
to find. :-)

>http://www.ski-board.com/home_frame.htm/
>http://www.skiutah.com/
>
>Alta usually has the most snow and boarders are not allowed.
>Brighton has some nice beginner runs.
>Snowbird is trendy.
>Solitude has new quads and is a little low key. Good beginner runs.
>ParkCity is pricey and trendy.
>Deer Valley. Way pricey.
>The Canyons ? Boarders paradise. Have skied for a long time.
>
>Alta, Brighton, Snowbird and Solitude are the most convenient.
>
>Cross country courses that are close are closed at the moment. Back
country is open at your own risk.