[COAS-List] Thank you ...

Tom, Larry, and Konstantin,

with this note I want to thank you very much for comming to the last
HL7 meeting in Orlando. I appreciate your crossing the border and
expose your ideas and yourselves to a different culture. I almost feel
guilty for the many criticism you have earned. I want you to know that
none of the criticism was meant to be total, in no way did I (nor
anyone else) want to reinforce any notion of superiority/inferiority
in comparing your work with what HL7 is doing.

I usually say what I mean quite frankly, and sometimes things come up
harsh. But I do so with an attitude of "sportsmenship", regarding
highly the dignity of the other party. The topic was my main concern,
not the politics around it---though, I admit that none of us can be
completely free of organizational loyalty or loyalty toward his own
ideas. Since this was the first and probably only opportunity for a
face to face meeting, and since my time is limited so that I can not
commit major slices on COAS (or HRAC), I spoke right out what my
concerns were.

I am also willing to accept your concerns about what HL7 is doing, and
I am looking forward to more "interference" with each other for the
sake of harmonization and mutual understanding.

Thanks so much for coming.
regards
-Gunther

Gunther Schadow ----------------------------------- http://aurora.rg.iupui.edu
Regenstrief Institute for Health Care
1001 W 10th Street RG5, Indianapolis IN 46202, Phone: (317) 630 7960
schadow@aurora.rg.iupui.edu ---------------------- #include <usual/disclaimer>