[COAS-List] Patient record and categories

Dear COAS

Some time ago I undertook to prepare a patient record scenario and
to map some general categories against some of the entries on the
Sonomed microglossay.  These two are attached (only 6K).

The patient record scenario is simple, but I have checked it with a
clinician and it is accurate.  It is also representative of the kind
of all encompassing "Electronic Health record" that is the
centrepiece of the UK's newly published health information strategy.
The strategy can be found on:

www.imt4nhs.exec.nhs.uk/strategy/index.htm

The government is taking it very seriously indeed - seriously enough
to be committing GBP 300 million (USD half billion) of new money, per
year for the next seven years.

Regards

Peter

Peter Nicklin, NHS IMC,
c/o CHSR, 21 Claremont Place, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE2 4AA, UK
Tel: +44 191 230 3614   Fax: +44 191 230 4563  Mobile: +44 831 198319
X400: imc/G=Peter/S=Nicklin/O=nhs_imc/OU=cbs@mhs.attmail.com
If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,