Re: [COAS-List] Teleconference schedule, Aug-Sept, 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Carman <ccarman@medgrid.philips.com>
To: coas@cs.fiu.edu <coas@cs.fiu.edu>
Date: Monday, August 10, 1998 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: [COAS-List] Teleconference schedule, Aug-Sept, 1998

>Sorry about the confusion this morning, I will accept partial blame for the
>missed connections, etc.  I was busy calling one number (from an old e-mail
>message, while others were calling a second number, etc.) and most of the
>submitters did not "meet" because there was no positive message saying,
>"OK, as no one has said they can not meet Monday, then let us do so..."
>
>So, even though Tom Culpepper and Mary Richards (sorry Mary) can not join
>us on Tuesday, let us have a teleconference at 8:00am PDT, 11:00am EDT, ...
>Tuesday, August 11 at phone number +1.734.647.2802
>
>The goal of the meeting will be to review stuff from Helsinki, and to
>assign tasks for a revised submission (to be completed by August 24, 1998).
>
>See you there!
>
>Chuck Carman

OK, now I'm confused!
I tried ringing the number (+ 1 734 647 2803) at 17:00 BST (British Summer
Time) which I believed to be 16:00 GMT, but got no response.
Then I checked my email to find that you had begun (or not) an hour earlier.
I have no idea what EDT or PDT are, as my time-zone converter doesn't know
of either of them (I did find an EST5EDT and a PST8PDT but don't know what
these are!)

So, when is tomorrow's meeting? :-)

Richard