[COAS-List] Re: Fw: XML and New England Neurosurgery Network

Gunther,

The big problem I've found with things like base64
encoding , et al, is that now this forces the
end user to have a compatible piece of software
that knows what to do there.

If the middleware cannot take care of it automatically
they are lost.

This is why I'm very keen to make sure that security
and encryption stay at that level.  also, both these
fields change every year, with better, faster more
secure, it just does not make sense to have EDI standards
trapped to some old compromised or inefficient methods
as has happened before.

DW.