[COAS-List] Re: Fw: XML and New England Neurosurgery Network

Gunther,

I'm sorry but I disagree.  The NOTATION (hint: look at the word!?)
is not intended to hide binaries.  It's meant to let you put
notation characters into your XML.

also - the security is a complete red-herring.

Yes I'm looking at MIME and I see a horror show that we do
not want to repeat.

Security is MIDDLEWARE.  It has nothing to do with the XML
representation.

How you store the actual document on the disk, or send it down
a pipe I do not care.  Just make sure that I never see any of
that in my XML layer.

Namesapces anf RDF provide the correct interface between
digital signatures, encryption schemes and middleware, and
that is the official W3C approach, with working groups and
so on.  If you want to do encryption, et al, please see
the RDF and namespace work.

Thanks, DW.