[COAS-List] Re: Fw: XML and New England Neurosurgery Network

Gunther,

Thanks for the notes.  Yes RDF is designed to do digital
signatures and secutiry authentication.  The RDF spec at W3C
however is impossible to de-code, I wish there was a simple
functional overview, but unfortunately there is not.

I agree also about separating sections of documents.  I
beleive RDF allows you to do exactly that.  So it comes
down to - if you can see the XML plain text, then you
are authorized for that section!  The middleware should
take care of the bit andf byte aspects for you.  Now
of course, just becuase you have a m,ethod like RDF does
not mean that people will not try and create obfuscated
XML and other tricks.  But I don;t think they will get much
time from the W3C if they then complain that this feature or
that does not now work!

Thanks, DW.