RE: [COAS-List] use cases for metaknowledge about source

I agree that these are all important things to consider in a large distributed healthcare network.

It seems Patient ID domain info could get tricky in terms of source, in the case where you have a hierarchical arrangement of PIDS.  Seems to me you would go with the domain of the highest level correlation mgr.

A related item that occurs to me (forgive me if this has been addressed) is the proper way to convey coded data and/or data that has been processed by a lexicon.  Is it returned in the form generated by the source system, or according to the coding scheme / vocabulary of the requesting system, or both?  Seems that this decision may have legal implications.

Regards,
Jay

never comply with standards that are unworthy of you  -Ayn Rand

Jay Brinton
Chief Software Engineer
SAIC HealthCare Technology Sector

brintonj@saic.com / brinton@adelphia.net