workshop thoughts..

I thought it was another great workshop, I am certainly enjoying these
gatherings.

I think that there are three things we should consider for future
workshops:

1. The presenter(s) MUST start with a well defined business case for
technology being looked at, including perhaps use cases.
2. The presentation should only be 50% of the workshop time.  The
interaction/challenge/rebuttal is of equal value as the presentation
itself.
3. Every workshop member MUST challenge/question some aspect the
presentation.  Perhaps we even should assign a formal rebuttal team to
each presentation ...?

...thoughts?

In terms of the BHS selected "content" management systems, look at:
http://www.vignette.com/
for more info.

In terms of the content management system having business knowledge,
we'd like to see the content management system merge close to the CPR
architecture (a la the CNNInteractive stuff), but primarily merge
clinical content with non-clinical content.  To this extent, the content
management system must be aware of the context.  The clinical content is
managed as a part of the cpr architecture (ie OMA, including HRAC for
access control).  Also as a part of the CPR architecture are business
process object/services for all user contexts (a la the MIRACLE
"middleware").  The content management system must pass parameters that
maintains session/state which include credentials for authorization and
context management.

Thanks Enrique and Scott for a great presentation.  Scott is talking a
(long) vacation before he goes back to CMU and shows-off everything he
learned during the summer :-).  I hope we'll see him next summer.  We
are, however, fortunate to have Jordi Albornoz, another CMU student
joining us for the rest of the summer break.  We will probably focus our
efforts into one of the directions that Enrique and Scott discovered.

I think we should schedule another workshop on this topic, perhaps demo
some of the work.

Kent.