FYI: The Open Group Conference - in Miami

ARE THESE YOUR CHALLENGES?

**  Choosing best-of-breed applications and deploying them globally
**  Integrating business systems securely across the extended enterprise

**  Managing and securing heterogenous infrastructures

Take practical steps toward managing this complexity!

Attend The Open Group Conference

Distributed Computing for the Extended Enterprise:
CORBA*, DCE, DCOM, Enterprise JavaBeans*, etc.

                July 20-24, 1998
                Miami, Florida

WHY ATTEND?
1. Learn how The Open Group and OMG are working together to add value to

the entire industry
2. Learn how object technologies are addressing the security issues of
today.
3. Discuss requirements for securing heterogeneous environments in
     customer/vendor forums.
4. Hear from those who offer business solutions to your security issues
    -- Compaq, DASCOM, Gradient, IBM, Inprise (formerly Borland),
          Sun Microsystems, Tivoli, and others.
5. Hear how customers are investing and deploying these technologies
    -- AlliedSignal, CNN, D.H. Brown & Associates, Kinexis, Saab USA,
Securities Industry
        and Middleware Council (SIMC), and others.
6. Learn about the IT DialTone and the critical role security plays in
its
evolution.
7. Network with your peers and leverage your influence.

VIEW DEMONSTRATIONS
*  Compaq, DASCOM, GRADIENT, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Inprise
      Sun Microsystems, and other exhibitors
*  Object Request Brokers, Java, PKI/DCE, DCE/Java, and
      DCE/CORBA interoperability

Conference attendance is normally open only to our members.  We are
extending
a special invitation to non-members to attend Monday through Wednesday
of
our
five-day Miami Conference. Cost for non-member attendance is $295/one
day
only
or $495 for the 3-day portion.

Full conference and registration information may be found at:
http://www.opengroup.org/public/member/q398/

WHY THE OPEN GROUP?
"I was impressed with the activities and energy of the DCE Program
Group.
The demonstration of Public Key Infrastructure/DCE showed impressive
functionality and excellent vendor cooperation."
    - Randall Burris, Center for Computational Science, Oak Ridge
National
Laboratory

"The Open Group provided a forum that addressed the issues that
organizations
needed to hear about. Not only that, we got information on approaches
that
we
could take away and apply."
      - Hal Wilson, Vice President & General Manager, Litton PRC

"The Open Group has contributed to our ability to identify and meet with

business peers and IT partners. In an atmosphere centered in business
requirements and open discussion, our involvement has provided us with
both
early warning and strategic vision to support rational decisions and
guide
our
business."
     - Ronald Becker Williams, Application and Security Architecture
        Technology Planning, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc

CORBA is a trademark of Object Management Group.
JavaBeans is a trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
IT DialTone is a trademark of The Open Group