[COAS-List] ObservationQualifier

Dave,

At 03:54 PM 3/19/99 -0700, David W. Forslund wrote:
>In ObservationData
>you have the qualifier defined as <sequence>ObservationData and a couple of
>lines later you define ObservationQualifier as ObservationData.  Would it
>be consistent if you used <sequence>ObservationQualifer in ObservationData
>for the qualifier definition?

i agree that would be nice, but it won't compile, if i understand what you
intend.  you're refering to the following:

	struct ObservationData {

		QualifiedCodeStr code;

	    	sequence<ObservationData> composite;

		sequence<ObservationData> qualifiers;

	    	sequence<any,1> value;

	};
	typedef ObservationData ObservationQualifier;

here, the field "qualifer" is a sequence of ObservationData, **within
which** it is being defined.  putting the typedef for ObservationQualifier
before the struct definition is not allowed--no forward references allowed
for structs.

maybe if we used more smoke and mirrors... :-)

larry