Re: [COAS-List] Reminder: Conference Call

As a follow up on the conference call today, I wanted to indicate an area
where XML could be of benefit.
Being able to add traits to PIDS dynamically could be very valuable.
Currently it requires adding some IDL
and recompiling and some programming.  If these traits could be specified
with XML they could be added dynamically
quite easily without having to reprogram the server.  We have generated a
DTD which describes an extended
set of traits as an example of what could be done.  This results in a
"template" of traits which could be used to
easily extend PIDS without reprogramming the IDL.  I think such a feature
could be of value for COAS, too, and
perhaps even more important.

Dave