[COAS-List] The "final" COAS submission

The "final" submission, actually just a revised submission as we intend to
ask CORBAmed to extent the submission deadlines, has been completed and
sent to the OMG.  It is OMG document corbamed/98-08-02 and is available on
the OMG website (I do not know if this is a public document or not).
Formats available are .mif, pdf, ps, rtf, word6, and ASCII, but I have not
checked them all to see if the document reads the same in all formats.

I also uploaded the submission, in RTF format, to the Protocol website:
http://www.protocol.com/engineering/corbamed/coas/incoming/coas4.rtf
I noticed that the conversion to RTF did a number of the formatting of the
IDL.  Oh, well.  We will try to get it right in the real Final Submission.

Please read this in preparation for the meeting in Oregon in a couple of
weeks.  Also, any comments, questions, suggestions, corrections, etc. are
welcome before then.

In editing the submission, Larry Hamel, David Foard, and I made some minor
changes to the IDL posted by Tim Brinson on the Protocol website.  I have
uploaded a zipped version of the latest IDL (the IDL included in the
revised submission) as
http://www.protocol.com/engineering/corbamed/coas/incoming/coas4.zip

While I am encouraged by our progress, I am aware of many details that are
yet to be worked out and agreed upon.  Please spend some time reviewing
this document and the associated IDL, and come to the Oregon meeting or
share your ideas and solutions on this mailing list.  Thanks to all those
who have contributed to this effort so far!

Sincerely yours,

Charles (Chuck) Carman