thesis defense

Hi All,

I will be defending my thesis tomorrow, i.e. October 12th, tuesday at
11:00 a.m. in ECS350. My thesis is my research work done here at CADSE
and deals with "Domain Specific Architecture Development for Enterprise
Systems based on CORBA". The research work is based on healthcare
information systems.

A brief abstract of the thesis is as follows:

Large business organizations with enterprise wide systems have followed
an ad hoc incremental growth pattern. They are either monolithic, that
are difficult to replace and maintain, or are components with little or
no interoperability between them. Such systems suffer from lack of
uniformity and definition in their information technology
infrastructure. To migrate from this state, to systems that are
extensible, interoperable and non redundant in functionality it is very
important to focus on the architecture. Using healthcare information
systems as a case study for this work, we use an incremental but
methodical development process based on Object-oriented methodology in
identifying and developing each component. Each such component fits into
an overall architecture that is based on CORBA and defined using
CORBA-based services. As components are identified and developed, the
overall service based HIS architecture will be better defined. This
service based healthcare infrastructure will make development and
deployment of systems easier.

I welcome everyone to attend the presentation.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
vidya Bhat

  Vidya Bhat
  CADSE (Center for Advanced Distributed System Engineering)
  Florida International University
  Miami, FL 33199
  305.348.3740