CADSE Workshop

Hi all,

Here is an abstract of my presentation tomorrow, friday 09/17 (at 3:30
pm) on Mobile Computing and Ad hoc Networks. The slides are available at
my website,

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~niyer01

by clicking the blue link called 'Slides on Mobile Computing'

---------------

MOBILE COMPUTING AND AD HOC NETWORKS : Part I

Abstract

Mobile Computing refers to literally anytime anywhere computing. In
addition to Computing, Networking is a key factor that makes Mobile Access
valuable. In this first part of a two part presentation, we will talk
about some of the key issues in Wireless Networks, that have led to the
development of a separate branch of study and research, and has gained
considerable attention over the last few years.

More specifically, we will be talking about the Traditional Mobile
Networks, Routing, Architectural Issues and Ad Hoc Networks, among others.
We shall follow the TCP/IP refernce model, i.e., starting from the MAC
layer to the Network (or Internetwork) layer to the Transport layer and
finally the Application Layer.

This first part of the presentation serves as an introduction to some of the
fundamental concepts in Wireless Computing. A detailed examination of Routing
and Network Management will be done in the second part.