Re: OMG RFI/RFP/RFC process

RFC's track at OMG (as opposed to the one in IETF) is rather an emergency track
for those vendors who already have well established technology and that
technology dominates the market.

For example, the last Friday, some manufacturing technology was opened for
public comments as an RFC through the OMG.
Apparently, almost all businesses in manufacturing use that technology to solve
particular (probably narrow, well defined) problems.

But, the OMG standardization process [was|is] not meant to use RFC track often
at all. So, I do not think issuing an RFC is a sign of domain/area maturity.
It's rather a sign of monopoly in one or another form.

Konstantin