[COAS-List] vote-to-vote in Tokyo; PROXY!

y'all,

it turns out that we were mistaken about dates at the Philadelphia meeting.
 we thought April 8 was a magic date for avoiding a vote-to-vote, but in
fact we will have a vote-to-vote in Tokyo to adopt the latest COAS
specification.

only the document submitted March 1, 1999 can be considered in Tokyo
without a vote-to-vote, but that document is significantly out-of-date.  an
errata would be greater than 20 pages, and include many IDL changes.

the final document submitted April 8 is available at
http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?corbamed/99-03-25 for review.  it employs
the IDL of the document that was revised, presented, printed, and
distributed in Philadelphia, except that TimeStamp is now a string with ISO
8601 representation, and the addition of some constants.

so we'll need your proxy, or your attendance, in Tokyo.

the voting list is at
http://www.omg.org/techprocess/meetings/schedule/Clinical_Observations_RFP.h
tml and we'll need a quorum of these voters for the vote-to-vote.  i think
we have consensus that the current specification, while leaving plenty of
work for future revisions, is sufficient to get started with.  certainly
the submitters are anxious to get this document approved and on the road at
the Tokyo meeting, rather than waiting another cycle.

below is a sample proxy intended to allow for last-minute corrections
(which might require a new doc number), along with a fax number for Tom
Culpepper of 3M, who is making sure we have enough proxies, and will attend
the meeting in Tokyo.  A signed fax is sufficient for assigning your proxy,
but email is not.  Fax the proxy into the Tom before May 10, preferably
ASAP.  The sample below is relatively permissive, including HRAC and other
CORBAmed business.  Of course, you can change the wording to limit your
proxy to specific issues if you like.

please fax in your proxy, and let us know of any errata in the final
specification.  Tom is managing these also.

thanks,

larry

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

<XXX Company> wishes to allow 3M to vote on its behalf at the Tokyo meeting
of the OMG, May 16-21, 1999, in the following areas:  Clinical Observation
Access Service, and Healthcare Resource Access Control, CORBAmed Domain
Task Force and the Domain Technical Committee.

Yours,

<signature of official OMG voting-list person>

fax Tom Culpepper of 3M at (801) 263-3553 fax