From: Richard Dixon <R.M.Dixon@comhealth.hull.ac.uk>
To: David A. Schramm <dschramm@ipworld.com>; Timothy Slidel
<slidel@ebi.ac.uk>; Tim Brinson <tim@protocol.com>; Pablo Madril
<pablo.cis@epm.br>; Jeanette Breton <breton@shellus.com>; Harold Solbrig
<HRSOLBRIG@wpmail.code3.com>; Evan Wallace <ewallace@cme.nist.gov>; Eric
Neumann <eneumann@netgenics.com>; Edward Barkmeyer <edbark@nist.gov>; David
Benton <W_David_Benton@sbphrd.com>; Cory Casanave <cory-c@dataaccess.com>;
Chris Nelson <chris@dimension-edi.com>
Cc: COAS <coas@cs.fiu.edu>
Date: Friday, July 31, 1998 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: A suggested model

>>Wow. This is a great model.
>
>Glad you like it :-)
>
>> We have implemented a very similar one although
>>not quite as good as this. Have you taken a look at the Boca Application
>>Components RFP document? UQM are one part of a larger set of business
>>"ValueTypes".
>>
>>http://www.ipworld.com/bodtf
>>
>>Our approach has been to associate "BocaAttributes" with "ValueTypes" so
>>that they can be replaced as needed locally.
>
>Haven't had chance to look at it yet but will do as soon as possible.
>
>>I would certainly like to see this included in submissions to this RFP if
>we
>>ever get to issue it.
>
>OK - I'm ready if anyone else is. There haven't been many responses on this
>lately.
>I could start to have a go at a skeletal RFP, but don't think I can do this
>alone for 3 reasons:
>
>i) I am not up to speed with BOCA or the details of the workings of CORBA
>ii) as a University, I don't think we can officially be submitters to the
>RFP
>iii) I've got too much on to do it all!
>
>I'm not sure what your current position is, Dave?  And under what DTF would
>we issue the RFP (not that it matters at the moment):  CORBAmed and the DTF
>working on BOCA are likely candidates.
>
>Richard

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Schramm;David;A.
FN:David A. Schramm
TEL;HOME;VOICE:407-359-6553
ADR;HOME:;;1956 Wrenfield Lane;Oviedo;Florida;32765;USA
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:1956 Wrenfield Lane=0D=0AOviedo, Florida 32765=0D=0AUSA
URL:http://www.ipworld.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:dschramm@ipworld.com
REV:19980804T124909Z
END:VCARD