Re: BHS comments on the CORBAmed CHST

Kent Wreder wrote:

> Document corbamed/98-07-01.rtf contains some comments in regards to the
> CHST as discussed in one of the roadmap sessions at the Orlando TC
> meeting.  I reviewed RM-ODP, the transportation domain reference model
> and the manufacturing domain roadmap document.

I havn't looked at the Tranportation documents yet.

	I agree with the use of the RM-ODP viewpoints as a way of
distinguishing what we are doing.  The CHST is most definitely an
enterprise viewpoint.  I don't think it covers the information viewpoint
completely and probably shouldn't.  It's at this viewpoint that things
get really confused.  Firstly, most information models ala UML are
certainly information viewpoints.  But, also process models, with no
standard UML defined yet, could also be taken as an information
viewpoint.  However, I have taken to think about process as a
configuration of a collection of business objects, such configuration
then could be thought of as enterprise policies and thus being part of
the enterprise viewpoint.

   There are many information models (UML or UML compatible) that
already exist in healthcare, if CHST is to do any work along these
lines, it could be in the creation of meta-model or super-model based on
the various pre-existing information models.